WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR...
Versus Systems is looking for engineers to work on building our core platform API and services. We are building a custom white label platform that allows game developers to offer legal real prize matches for their players. The goal is to change how video games are being played. Our stack is made of Ruby on our backend platform; exploring new services in Node, Elixir, & Clojure + Datomic, with React and Redux powering our frontend applications.
We're a fast-growing team with a strong engineering culture. We value collaboration and creativity - every engineer contributes to the overall development process, product design, and roadmap of the company.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING...
As a senior engineer you will be responsible for our secure, scalable platform APIs used to create and manage video game tournaments in the real money gaming space. You’ll work directly with the team to help set guidelines, define best practices, and work to ensure you and everyone else is productive and quality is high. This role has opportunity to grow and you will help define that growth.
WE NEED ...
- - 4+ years experience in server side development designing, building, and maintaining APIs using Ruby
- - Experience in learning new technologies - Clojure, Go, and Node.js to name a few
- - Autonomy and self motivation with a ‘get it done’ attitude.
- - An excitement to help, teach, and mentor those around you
- - You to be deeply interested in security, scalability, and sustainability
- - Experience with continuous integration and deployment across production and staging environments
- - Great communication and team-work skills
- - Experience building highly scalable applications before
- - A background in functional or reactive programming
- - An interest in devops, cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure), deployment, orchestration, and monitoring
At Versus our mission is to make games more fun - not once, but over and over. We value diversity & inclusion, empathy for our colleagues and our partners, and curiosity to explore and learn new things.
We offer competitive salaries, equity packages, medical, dental, vision, 401K matching, flexible hours, paid maternity and paternity leave, and paid vacation time that we encourage you to actually take.