About the Role:
Versus is seeking a UI Designer with prior experience designing games and software applications. We enhance the game-playing experience so understanding how our users interact with games is critical. This position will work in close collaboration with UX designers and the development team, shaping all aspects of the look and feel of responsive software and native mobile applications, as well as video game menu systems. This includes prototypes, mockups, user testing, final interface design and style guides.
Prior experience working in an agile and highly iterative environment is critical. Concepts will be tested, challenged, and refined to reach final designs, with input from several stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will be expected to:
- Build, evolve, and maintain design language and style-guide across different products
- Understand and be committed to user-centric design, having worked closely with UX designers to create a fluid, interactive product
- Collaborate with product designer, engineering and other stakeholders to define design vision and implement intuitive user interactions with our products
- Define, execute and iterate on design patterns and interactions
- Create high fidelity mockups of elegant, usable and consistent user interfaces based on business requirements
- Build functional/interactive prototypes to demonstrate and test concepts
- Provide usability recommendations based on user testing, analytics, and user behavior
- Collaborate with development teams to guide and support implementation of final designs
- Present and justify design thinking and rationale through key milestone deliverables to peers and stakeholder
- Work independently, with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Minimum BA/BS degree in design or related studies
- 3+ year’s experience designing software applications, mobile apps and video games
- Avid and passionate gamer
- Proficient in sketch, Photoshop, Invision, Principle or other visual design and prototyping tools
- A portfolio demonstrating user interface knowledge, clean visual design sense and design process